Saturday, April 7, 2012

Best Friends Mini Album

I love scrapbook retreats!!  I also love a special place here in Wisconsin called Camp Joy!!  Our family has been attending Camp Joy's Family Camp every summer for the past 15 years.  The camp is located on a beautiful lake in Whitewater, WI, and they have recently added an annual scrapbook retreat to their  schedule.
I am blessed to have the opportunity to teach a couple of workshops at Camp Joy's Scrapbook Retreat on May 10-12, 2012.  In one of my workshops we will be making one of these cute little one-page mini albums:
Here is one of the samples I've made for the workshop.  This mini is about my daughter's friendship with a little girl named Corrin.  They have been friends from the time they were very little and are still good friends today!
I used My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grown papers to make my mini-album and the little photo mats peeking out behind each picture.
For the little journaling cards opposite each photo, I used Bo Bunny Gypsy Cut-Outs.  I trimmed them down to fit my mini pages.

I added only a few embellishments in order to keep the mini album simple and easy.


 I used some dies to cut a felt flower and some paper buttons to add to a few my pages.  Love this one:
I decided to leave the tops of two pages open and make tags to be pulled out of those pages.  The tags could be used for journaling and/or more pictures.  Cute, eh? 
I can't wait to share these cute little mini-albums with the ladies at the scrapbook retreat next month!  Thanks for visiting today!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments!!