Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Altered Binders


Two friends of mine recommended a book called "What do I know about my God", by Mardi Collier. The author of this book recommends that you create a notebook to record all of the things you learn about God as you study your Bible. Instead of using a plain binder, I decided to make an altered binder to go along with my Bible study. I had so much fun making my first binder (the pink and brown one), that I decided to make a second binder as well. Here's how I did it:

I took a 6 x 9" white D-ring binder and removed all of the plastic with an exacto knife. That left just 3 pieces of plain chipboard. I used Basic Grey Infuse paper (pink and brown) to cover and create the first binder. I used the Bohemian collection (blue and green) for the second binder. I coated the front and back chipboard pieces with a Mod Podge type of glue and laid that on my scrapbook paper. After letting the glue dry, I trimmed off the excess paper with my exacto-knife. I used a strong double-sided adhesive for the spine portion of the binder. I also made my own tabbed dividers.



These altered binders have many possible uses, and would make great gifts!
















1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments!!